| Courses in India
Consolidated list of colleges and universities in India offering UG and PG courses in Chemical Engineering is provided here. Given below information is also provided for career prospects of Chemical Engineering courses. |
Universities offering course in Chemical Engineering
- Andhra Pradesh -Andhra University College of Engineering (Visakhapatnam-530003), Bapatla Engineering College (Baptla-522101), University College of Technology (Autonomous) Osmania University (Hyderabad-500007), Regional Engineering College (Warangal-506004) and S V University College of Engineering (Tirupati-517502).
- Assam -Assam Engineering College (Guwahati-781013).
- Bihar -Bihar Institute of Technology (Dhanbad-828123).
- Delhi - Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi-110006) and Indian Institute of Technology (Delhi-110016).
- Gujarat -Dharamsinh Desai Institute of Technology (Kaira-387001), Government Engineering College (Gandhinagar-382027), L D College of Engineering (Ahmedabad-380009), The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Faculty of Technology & Engineering (Vadodara-390002) and Sardar Vallabhai Regional College of Engineering and Technology (Surat-395007).
- Haryana -Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering (Murthal-131039).
- Jammu & Kashmir -Regional Engineering College (Srinagar-190009).
- Karnataka -Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology (Davnagere-577004), B M S College of Engineering (Bangalore-560019), College of Engineering and Technology (Belgaum-590008), Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering (Bangalore-560078), Karnataka Regional Engineering College (Srinivasanagar0574157), M S Ramaiah College of Engineering (Bangalore-560054), M V College of Engineering (Bangalore-560067), Rural Engineering College Bidar (Bhalki0585328), Rural Engineering College Hulkoti (Hulkoti-582205), R V College of Engineering (Bangalore-560059) and Siddaganga Institute of Technology (Tumkur-572103).
- Kerala -Government College of Engineering, Thrissur (Thrissur-680009) and Thangal Kunju Mudaliar College of Engineering (Kollam-691005).
- Madhya Pradesh -Government Engineering College (Raipur-492010), Guru Ghasidas University, Institute of Technology (Bilaspur-495009), Institute of Technology and Management (Gwalior-474011) and Madhav Institute of Technology and Science (Gwalior-474005).
- Maharashtra -Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering (Pune-411043), College of Engineering and Technology (Jalgaon-425203), College of Engineering & Technology (Navi Mumbai-410209), University Department of Chemical Technology (UDTC) (Autonomous) University of Mumbai (Mumbai-400019), Dr. Baba Sahed Ambedkar Technology University (Lonere, Tal Mangaon-402103), D Y Patil College of Engineering and Technology (Kolhapur-416006), Indian Institute of Technology (Mumbai-400076), Jawaharlal Nehru College of Engineering (Aurangabad-431003), Laxminarayan Institute of Technology (Nagpur-440010), Narayan Nagu Patil Engineering College (Tal, Pen, Raigarh-402107), North Maharashtra University, Department of Chemical Technology (Jalagaon-425001), Padmabhooshan Vasantraodada Patil Institute of Technology (Budhagaon-416304), Pravara Rural College of Engineering (Tal Shrirampur. Loni-413736), Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology (Warananagar-416113) and Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (Mumbai-769008).
- Orissa - Regional Engineering College (Rourkela-769008).
- Pondicherry - Pondicherry Engineering College (Autonomous) (Pondicherry-605014).
- Punjab - Dr B.R Ambedkar Regional Engineering College (Jalandhar-144027), Punjab University Department of Chemical Engineering & Technology (Chandigarh-160014) and Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (Patiala-147001).
- Rajasthan - Malviya Regional Engineering College (Jaipur-302017).
- Tamil Nadu - Adhiyaman College of Engineering (Dharmapuri-625125), Adiparashakti Engineering College (Chennai-603301), Coimbatore Institute of Technology (Coimbatore-641014), Indian Institute of Technology (Chennai-600036), Kongu Engineering College (Erode-638052), Regional Engineering College (Tiruchirapalli-620015) and Shanmugha College of Engineering & Technology (Thanjavur-613402).
- Uttar Pradesh - Zakir Hussain College of Engineering & Technology, Aligarh Muslim University (Aligarh-202002), Banaras Hindu University, Institute of Technology (Varanasi-221005), Dr K N Modi Institute of Engineering and Technology (Modinagar-201204), Horcour Butler Technological Institute (Kanpur-208002), Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur-208016), Institute of Engineering and Technology (Barielly-243006), Institute of Engineering and Technology (Lucknow-226021) and University of Roorkee (Roorkee-247667).
- West Bengal - Haldia Institute of Technology (Debhog-721657), Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur-721302), Jadavapur University, Faculty of Engineering and Technology (Calcutta-700032) and Regional Engineering College (Durgapur-713209).
CAREER IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Ray, is considered the father of chemical engineering education in India.
The first graduate degree programme was introduced in the College of Engineering
and Technology (Jadavpur), the predecessor of the Jadavpur University;
established by the National Council Education. As of now, more than 100
engineering and technology institutions offer graduate course in chemical
engineering and chemical technology. They get jobs in pharmaceuticals industries and research institutes. There is vast scope in Chemical and its allied Industries.